Re: [paho-dev] Critique of MQTT

Alex,

thanks for letting us know, and for your comments.

Ian

On 06/02/2014 04:23 PM, Alexandros Kritikos wrote:
All,

I posted a comment to their blog but it looks like they will not publish it.. Here is what i remember writing more or less:

“As someone involved with AMQP before its OASIS and ISO days as well as MQTT as soon as IBM released it in the public domain you have some quite valid points. However:

1. There are reasons behind them, if you had asked the TC you would know them.
2. Its extremely hard to not regard your remarkable effort as biased when you publish it the moment that the OASIS public review period finishes. You had all the opportunity in the world to send these comments and allow the TC to respond before writing a blog post.

Finally, as Rick (ThingWorx) states above, IBM and Microsoft are not the only middleware vendors out there, and quite a few of us believe there is room for both protocols. An example of such an approach is also our own product, Universal Messaging which despite the fact it has its own over the wire protocol for over 15 years, is involved in both efforts, already supports MQTT 3.1 / 3.1.1 and will be supporting AMQP 1.0 in the not so distant future."

Thanks,

Alex Kritikos
Software AG