Re: [paho-dev] Eclipse client view build and packaging

... "the foggiest clue" - friends, when the executive director of Eclipse says that, we need to fix it (or at least reduce the foggyness)

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes please! I would love to be able to include this in my M2M demos, but as it is today I wouldn’t have the foggiest clue where to start.

Mike Milinkovich

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

+1.613.220.3223

From: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andy Piper
Sent: August-20-13 11:23 AM
To: General development discussions for paho project
Subject: [paho-dev] Eclipse client view build and packaging

One thing that was not discussed on the team call today was CI for the Eclipse client view. Currently the only distribution we have available is a git repository listed as "MQTT Application Framework" on the project website.

We need to look into:

- getting it to pull in the latest version of the Paho client jar from Maven

- confirming that it works with the latest client changes (v0.4 we discussed on the call)

- build and package an Eclipse plugin on the Eclipse build infrastructure, and push that to somewhere that people can install it from.

I'm pretty sure that only a handful of our potential users will have tried it so far, due to the lack of easy access to a working plugin that can just be installed and used.

--

Andy Piper | Kingston upon Thames, London (UK)
blog: http://andypiper.co.uk   |   skype: andypiperuk