Now that Juno is out and that we are in the early days of Kepler, I would like to discuss the opportunity of delivering an M2M EPP package for Kepler.
EPP (Eclipse Packaing Project) packages are ready-to-use Eclipse distributions targeting a specific audience (e.g. Web developers, mobile developers, …). The most obvious way for someone to get one of these packages is to go the Downloads page of the eclipse.org
website  (another useful page is  ; it lists the contents of all the available packages).
This EPP package would contain the following items:
- OMA-DM simulator (Koneki)
- Lua Development Tools (Koneki)
- MQTT view (Paho)
- Tooling for Mihini (Koneki)
- Pre-packaged code examples?
- M2M models tooling? (depending on what progress will be made on this front…)
- Other eclipse plug-ins? (EGit comes to mind, especially since it is likely that some code examples might be available on Git repos)
Some of the required actions to make this happen:
- Projects Koneki and Paho would need to release a 1.0 version before or together with Kepler (June 2013). Koneki will release a 1.0 for Kepler, I don't know the plans for Paho?..
- There should be a common set of wizard categories, views categories, help table of content entries etc. for the different pieces, so as to get a smooth user experience (i.e. Every m2m plug-ins are accessible from a same location). It should not be a big deal but this needs to be discussed between Koneki and Paho teams.
- The actual EPP package (basically an XML definition file) would need to be created and tested/maintained over the time. I am volunteering to do this.
What are your thoughts on this? Any ideas on other plug-ins that would be worth being included in that distribution?
Anyways, I suggest that we discuss this further during our call tomorrow.
Benjamin Cabé :: Open Source Manager
SIERRA WIRELESS :: AirVantage Business Unit Main +33 5 61 00 52 90 :: Direct +33 5 61 00 06 41 :: Fax +33 5 61 00 51 46 Lake Park :: Zac de l'Hers - Allée du Lac - BP 87216 :: 31672 Labège Cedex, France