[p2-dev] How to include Eclipse platform in the product build?

Our product has one top level feature which includes other components' sub-features. The final product package needs to include the Eclipse platform because it's a RCP product based on the platform. In my top level feature I add the dependency on the Eclipse platform. And in my product definition file, I include my top-level feature and Eclipse platform feature.

Now I have problem running p2 director task when it is installing the final product. P2 director can't find the Eclipse platform feature group. In the "buildRepo" directory there is no platform features/plugins generated by P2.

If I add Eclipse platform feature as "Included Features" in my top level feature.xml, "buildRepo" directory has Eclipse platform so P2 director is happy.

Is there any way to include Eclipse platform in the final product package without adding it as "Included Features"?

I am using Galileo final release.

- This is my product build directory configuration:
<builderDirectory>/
                  build.properties
                  customTarget.xml
eclipseBase/eclipse - (this is the platform runtime, CVS, help)
                  src/buildRepo - (p2.build.repo)
                  src/features
                  src/maps
                  src/plugins

- In the build.properties, I define:

product=${buildDirectory}/plugins/com.qnx.tools.ide.momentics/MyProduct.product
runPackager=true
p2.gathering=true
p2.flavor=MyProduct
p2.director.profile=MyProductProfile
archiveNamePrefix=myproduct
archivePrefix=eclipse
collectingFolder=${archivePrefix}
configs = win32, win32, x86 & linux, gtk, x86
allowBinaryCycles = true
buildDirectory=${builderDirectory}/src
buildType=I
buildId=${timestamp}