[p2-dev] Collecting p2 UI ideas for Helios/3.6

Hi, everyone. I've moved the p2 UI 3.5 planning info to a historical page on the wiki. [1].
I'm thinking now about 3.6 planning, in particular on the UI side.

John created a wiki page [2] for capturing high-level Helios contributions to p2, so we know what companies/individuals are planning to contribute. However, I don't expect to see specific UI ideas on this page, just that company X plans to contribute to the UI.

So...I would like to collect ideas on the p2 UI planning page.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_UI_Plan

This page will evolve into a milestone plan, but right now it mostly captures ideas for 3.6. Things we are considering for 3.6 and who we think would be working on it. I started out with the deferred items from the 3.5 UI plan and added a few that stand out when looking at all the open UI bugs.

This page isn't a substitute for bugzilla. If you have an enhancement request, please open a bug for it. Ideally if you are adding items on this page, you are putting your name next to them, or at least have a good idea of who would be working on it.

thanks,
susan

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_UI_Eclipse_3.5_Plan
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Helios_contributions