From: "Christoph Läubrich" <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "osgi-wg" <osgi-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: osgi-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [osgi-wg] OSGI Working Group Committer Representative Election - Nomination Period Extended
Date: Thu, Jun 10, 2021 02:53

In addendum to Scott:

I find it rather confusing what a 'Committer member' actually is, the
text says that:

 > Committer Members are individuals who [...] are able to contribute and
 > commit materials to the Eclipse Foundation projects included in the
 > scope of this working group.

e.g. I'm a committer of tycho, tycho is for building OSGi Stuff and
using OSGi technologies internally so is Tycho a project included in the
scope of this working group?

Another example is I sometime contribute patches to Equinox (is Equinox
a project included in the scope of this working group?) but I'm not a
committer but as these changes are merged I obviously  'are able to
contribute and commit materials' ...

To summarize and as I have previously state, I'm really willing to
contribute and participate in OSGi WG and technology but all this
bureaucracy, terms and membership definitions really holding me back to
start contributions...