Re: [osgi-wg] OSGI Working Group Committer Representative Election - Nomination Period Extended

Hi,

just to make sure: Do you want take part in the specification process or do you and/or Scott want to have a seat on the Steering/Specification Committee? Please note that the Specification Committee is not the place, where the actual specification work happens. It basically governs the Specification process the Specification Projects need to adhere to.

If you just want to take part in our Specification Work, you can join any meeting of the Spec Project. The calendar is open: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src="">

Jürgen.

Am 10/06/2021 um 08:53 schrieb Christoph Läubrich:

In addendum to Scott:

I find it rather confusing what a 'Committer member' actually is, the text says that:

> Committer Members are individuals who [...] are able to contribute and
> commit materials to the Eclipse Foundation projects included in the
> scope of this working group.

e.g. I'm a committer of tycho, tycho is for building OSGi Stuff and using OSGi technologies internally so is Tycho a project included in the scope of this working group?

Another example is I sometime contribute patches to Equinox (is Equinox a project included in the scope of this working group?) but I'm not a committer but as these changes are merged I obviously  'are able to contribute and commit materials' ...

To summarize and as I have previously state, I'm really willing to contribute and participate in OSGi WG and technology but all this bureaucracy, terms and membership definitions really holding me back to start contributions...