Re: [orion-dev] User experiences ...
Here are my current beefs
- More advanced JS content assist.
For example: correcting case/spelling errors, triggering suggestions automatically on certain characters (like the dot operator).
The JS template proposals should also be context-appropriate -- I don't want to insert a "for (var in object)" loop when I'm trying to complete a variable name.
--> See Bug 377525.
- Text editing features are not language-dependent. Eg. If use the "add block comment" command in an HTML file, I get JS-style /* */ comments which make no sense.
- Ugliness of default editor style.
This might seem trivial but it bugs me. We should have a nicer default style, with a more modern font and less abrasive colors for JS keywords. The Orion theme should be applied by default (although I have a few issues with that theme too).
--> See bug 390262
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Anton McConville <Anton.McConville@xxxxxxxxxx>
I'd like to gather up some more priorities for review in our upcoming User Experience reviews. We've had some good discussions and outcomes from these reviews so far.
Please reply with the top three areas that you personally would like to see a review of - or could imagine improvement for. To start the ball rolling - here are three that come to mind for me:
Whatever bothers you, or you wish would improve ... please write it down.
- A better FTP/Site Deployment experience
- More dynamic/reactive CSS and HTML editing assistance
- Styling of more editor settings
orion-dev mailing list