Re: [orion-dev] Try out a new outline view for Javascript

On 9/1/11 12:01 PM, John J Barton wrote:
Any chance you would consider breaking out your plugin into a new github
repro? Then I could fork it and incorporate uglifoc,
https://github.com/johnjbarton/uglifoc
which has a more elaborate heuristic for names based on the work of Salman
Mirghasemi.

Sure would be nice to be able to name things based on environmental aspects; ie, exported functions from "modules" could be named as ${module-name}.${function-name}. CoffeeScript has first class support for classes/methods, so I'd want to work those names into the picture as well.

I'm thinking debug-time, of course, and so thinking maybe this should be worked into the SourceMap effort somehow. Not a direct linkage to Orion, yet, though I guess Orion should be considering generating and consuming SourceMaps.

Source Map Revision 3 Proposal (no idea where the conversation is taking place):

    http://bit.ly/p60Psi (document at Google docs)

--
Patrick Mueller - http://muellerware.org

Back to the top