Re: [orion-dev] Orion Firebug integration

Felipe Heidrich wrote:
Hi John,

I see that you are adding a listener directly to the model (model.addListener(this)). I don't know your code (so maybe it doesn't matter), but probably you want to use textview.addEventListener("ModelChanging", context, func, data).
The difference is that the textview is a listener of the model and using textview.addEventListener() makes sure the textview is the last listener of the model to run. If your listener is doing something that changes how the view display the content (like syntax highlighter) then you definitely want to use textview.addEventListener instead of of model.addListener.
Thanks for the explanation; Boris' code uses textView so I'll go with it. I'm not changing anything in the Orion view yet.

jjb

Back to the top