Re: [orbit-dev] httpcomponents do have a wrong (or should be better) import package generated

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 8:35 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 at 10:47, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 2:24 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So can we have a new release of them (also upping to the latest versions) that has SLF4J package imports at least something like (1.7.25, 3]  so it includes 2?

Thanks Matthias for putting that together.

Johan, if it helps to test it, Matthias' change has a p2 repo here you can use https://ci.eclipse.org/orbit/job/gerrit-orbit-recipes/1941/artifact/releng/repository-all/target/repository/ and you can see the manifests in the jars there too (e.g. I now see import package of org.slf4j;version="[1.7, 3)" now in org.apache.httpcomponents.client5.httpclient5) - I have marked that build as keep forever.

At first sight that looks fine, not sure how I can test that, because I think that I need to wait until ECF will update to that release for the next release of Eclipse..

You would have to get in contact with the ECF project for that to happen as there hasn't been any update from ECF for the 2022-09 release.

I don't think i can really replace that right.. because the ecf http client feature has those versions hardcoded

i will make a case at the http client (and give it there what you generated) to see if they can include it
I think almost all other Apache projects do generate the correct stuff..