Re: [orbit-dev] httpcomponents do have a wrong (or should be better) import package generated

On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 at 10:47, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 2:24 PM Johan Compagner <jcompagner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So can we have a new release of them (also upping to the latest versions) that has SLF4J package imports at least something like (1.7.25, 3]  so it includes 2?

Thanks Matthias for putting that together.

Johan, if it helps to test it, Matthias' change has a p2 repo here you can use https://ci.eclipse.org/orbit/job/gerrit-orbit-recipes/1941/artifact/releng/repository-all/target/repository/ and you can see the manifests in the jars there too (e.g. I now see import package of org.slf4j;version="[1.7, 3)" now in org.apache.httpcomponents.client5.httpclient5) - I have marked that build as keep forever.

At first sight that looks fine, not sure how I can test that, because I think that I need to wait until ECF will update to that release for the next release of Eclipse..

I don't think i can really replace that right.. because the ecf http client feature has those versions hardcoded

i will make a case at the http client (and give it there what you generated) to see if they can include it
I think almost all other Apache projects do generate the correct stuff..

Back to the top