Re: [orbit-dev] org.apache.lucene.misc removed from repository

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 7:26 PM Aleksandar Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM Dawid Pakuła <zulus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Is there any any reason why lucene.misc has been removed from repository during upgrade to 8.4?

I found only bug 559414 about update. Without this DLTK will add old lucene to simrel.

Dawid, do we really need misc in dltk?  The rule is that projects that require some jar open the CQ for it. As Lucene Misc is not needed in Platform anymore projects still needing it have the duty to add it to Orbit.

I took a brief look and it's there only for RAFDirectory but even in its javadoc there is "It's usually better to use NIOFSDirectory or MMapDirectory instead." Switched to NIOFSDIrectory and things seem to be fine although it would be nice if you can check it with PDT too.