Re: [orbit-dev] Going once? Going twice?

Not sure, sounds like process to me and I am wondering what that process would improve for our project. Is it a concern we declare too early when some are not ready? Is it hoped to help remind people of their responsibilities as they sign the dotted line?  I am sincerely interested in your thinking here. Other options/opinons are quite welcome and I'd be happy to live with the groups decision.

Pascal Rapicault <Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/08/2007 07:19 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [orbit-dev] Going once? Going twice?

Before declaring stability, I think we should have a sign off from all the committers who have contributed a bundle (this way we will feel more like a real project <g>). What do you think?

David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: orbit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/08/2007 06:45 PM

Please respond to
Orbit Developer discussion <orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

orbit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[orbit-dev] Going once? Going twice?

Thanks everyone for some last minute reviews and fixes today.

Unless I hear otherwise in the next few minutes, I'll copy this  build in committers area

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/committers/drops/S200702082257/

to the downloads area, and we'll declare Success, er, I mean Stable.

I think we can just leave the directory and zip file "dated", instead of  renaming to "M1", unless
anyone objects. I know this may seem odd, but Orbit is kind of an odd project :)
That is, doesn't have quite the fanfare associated with milestones, and it's
milestone intervals are fairly arbitrary.

Thanks again,