[oniro-wg-specification] MoM Oniro Spec Committee Meeting 2022wk29

Dear Oniro ecosystem members,

## MoM Oniro WG Specification Committee 2022wk29

please find the Minutes of Meeting (MoM), approved today.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/oniro-wg-committees/
oniro-wg-specification-committee/specification-committee-oniro-wg/-/blob/main/
agenda-mom-specification-committee-oniro-wg/oniro-working-group-specification-
committee-meeting-2022wk31.md

Please find on gitlab the approved minutes from previous meetings.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/oniro-wg-committees/
oniro-wg-specification-committee/specification-committee-oniro-wg/-/tree/main/
agenda-mom-specification-committee-oniro-wg

Please see that the last meeting minutes will be approved in the next session.

### MoM key points

This are the key points of the MoM

"### Potential first spec project. - Marta R and Davide R (20 min)

Oniro Compatibility Specification - proposal available on the mailing list
#link <https://www.eclipse.org/lists/oniro-wg-specification/msg00009.html>

Title: Oniro Compatibility Specification

called Oniro-compatible. The specification will include subjects like hardware
features, BSP implementation, communication protocols to access other Oniro
devices, compatibility with other standards, and vendor's processes. The
specification might define profiles for different device types.

Andrea suggested:
a) I would distinguish between an Oniro component (i.e. an AI processing add-
on that cannot work alone  vs a product that can work alone and  has a set of
functions that can offer to other Oniro devices to create a "super-device”
b) in terms of requirements I would add security support (hw, sw) that can be
also part of the BSP,  communication hw support  (protocols can be part of the
OS stack) and AI support

Scope: In-scope: allowing a certification of an end-product working with other
Oniro devices.

Initial team (ideas!): someone from marketing (Phil, Chiara?), Davide, Amit/
Andrei, at least one person from hardware vendors eg. Seco (Ettore?), Esben
(or someone else from the OH effort), someone from OpenAtom?, Andrea with his
previous spec experience (if he has time), Marta

### Meta-subjects (general for all specifications) - Marta R and all (20 min)

During last meeting we mentioned general subjects we should cover for all
specifications:
- handling interoparability (automatic testing? testing with a device pool?)
- document format (markdown?)

### Resolutions

* Approval of agenda of previous meeting 2022wk27"

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation