Re: [oniro-wg-specification] Specification proposal: Oniro Compatibility

All,

> On 11 Jul 2022, at 20:30, Marta Rybczynska <martakey aspects .rybczynska@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Title: Oniro Compatibility Specification
>
> Description: This specification defines requirements a product must meet to be called Oniro-compatible. The specification will include subjects like hardware features, BSP implementation, communication protocols to access other Oniro devices, compatibility with other standards, and vendor's processes. The specification might define profiles for different device types.

a) I would distinguish between an Oniro component (i.e. an AI processing add-on that cannot work alone  vs a product that can work alone and  has a set of functions that can offer to other Oniro devices to create a "super-device”
b) in terms of requirements I would add security support (hw, sw) that can be also part of the BSP,  communication hw support  (protocols can be part of the OS stack) and AI support

> Scope: In-scope: allowing a certification of an end-product working with other Oniro devices.
>
> Initial team (ideas!): someone from marketing (Phil, Chiara?), Davide, Amit/Andrei, at least one person from hardware vendors eg. Seco (Ettore?), Esben (or someone else from the OH effort), someone from OpenAtom?, Andrea with his previous spec experience (if he has time), Marta
>

> Your ideas/feedback is welcome!

Andrea

> Kind regards,
> Marta