Re: [nebula-dev] [CompositeTable] Selection/Check + Viewer API

Hi Tom

CompositeTable of course has a notion of row. The difference is that the
rows are adressed as composite aka controls-container. All operations
compositeTable executes on rows are based on this 'paradigm'
(focus-traversal, cell-layout, etc.). I am not 100% aware of the latest
3.3 jface implementation but I assume that the main problem when using
items is that rows are reused in compositeTable (rows scrolled out are
refreshed with different model-content.
Furthermore compositeTable does not have the notion of labelProviders. A
row is a container of controls, cells are controls. There's no
(out-of-the-box) difference in displaying and editing data (and no
label-provider in the strict sense). It's up to the cell-control to decide
how to display cell values. Dave's concept is to let the user programmer
implement a cell-editor & label-provider scheme if he needs it.
Is this behavior compatible to the current jface implementation?
I am still here to do some work on this great widget though my work-time
is limited now ;-(
Furthermore the final decisions are up to Dave...

Greetings
André

--
André Dietisheim