Re: [nebula-dev] Support for Eclipse Data Binding

Sorry Dave, forgot to respond to this.

Yes I think we should have a separate nebbinding (or maybe just nebula.binding?).  This also brings up another thought I've had.  We should really separate our widgets into separate plugin projects.  Right now, we are just creating separate jars but using the same project.  I did this originally so we could ensure that everyone was using the same set of dependencies.  But this makes it difficult for developers to use our widget in Eclipse applications.  It would make much more sense have each widget constitute its own plugin.  This would also mean that any additional facilities for each widget (viewers, databinding support,etc) would also have to be separate plugins.  I think this makes sense.

What does everyone else think?

-Chris

David J. Orme wrote:
All,

With Eclipse 3.3 comes official API support for Eclipse Data Binding.  I'd like CompositeTable to support this API along with the JFace Viewer API.  We have the NebFace project for JFace viewers, should we create a NebBinding project for Data Binding support?

Regards,

Dave Orme