Re: [mylar-dev] Mylar 2.0.0.v20070501-0815 + Eclipse 3.3 I20070502-0010 == broken?

Mik Kersten wrote:
So far Eugene has been the only one suggesting having the incoming marker as
a Synchronize view style overlay, so it would be really good to know your
take on this Willian.
To be fair, I've been also suggesting to allow to configure visual decoration, so those who prefer to see incoming decorator at the right place (which is, of course, at the left, next to the task icon like it is done on Synchronize view) can tweak Task List visual presence.
Partly due to Platform bug 185004   we do not have
enough room to show both the activation icon, the task icon, and an incoming
overlay/icon and so have to choose two things to show there.  I am almost
certain that we cannot get rid of the activation icon (a new concept that
needs a visual affordance) and require the kind icon for platform
consistency and we also need room for overlays.
Same here. There are users who activate tasks much less then review other tasks, so it can be acceptable for them to have activate action in the popup menu.

All in all, if you can't make everyone happy - make the damn thing customizable for advanced users.

 regards,
 Eugene

Back to the top