RE: [mylar-dev] Mylar 2.0.0.v20070501-0815 + Eclipse 3.3 I20070502-0010 == broken?

That's why we need your feedback: significant change should come with
significant improvement.  The new layout, while still in progress, is
intended to provide the following benefits:

1) Makes it possible to show subtasks and other groupings, previous layout
did not properly support an additional level of nesting due to the leading
columns.
2) Removes the three adjacent columns of icons, which many found excessively
noisy.
3) Removes the need for columns and the horizontal scrollbar, making 2-3
more tasks visible.
4) Increases how much text is shown for each summary.

However, it's not done yet and we're still playing with placement and other
layout issues.  Rather than giving you the full run-down of the current
state of the design it would be useful if you could post your reactions and
recommendations on that bug.  By the end of the week I'd like this to be in
a good enough state that we solicit more feedback via a dev build (e.g. from
the newsgroup).

So far Eugene has been the only one suggesting having the incoming marker as
a Synchronize view style overlay, so it would be really good to know your
take on this Willian.  Partly due to Platform bug 185004   we do not have
enough room to show both the activation icon, the task icon, and an incoming
overlay/icon and so have to choose two things to show there.  I am almost
certain that we cannot get rid of the activation icon (a new concept that
needs a visual affordance) and require the kind icon for platform
consistency and we also need room for overlays.  So I would really like
additional feedback on how awkward others are finding the right-aligned
incoming icon (e.g. is it hard to pick out incomings because you have to
scan right, then trace left to the task?).

Fyi, I just checked and the dev build is available now.

Mik

Back to the top