Re: [mosquitto-dev] Implementing health check for containerized MQTT server application?

Thinking about it a little more it gets a little more complicated, if I send the ping message via MQTT topic then I'm actually testing not only what's in my container but also the mosquito message broker and that's maybe not the right thing to do for a container health checker.  I'd also have to come up with a unique topic for each instance of my message responder and coordinate them between the responder and the health checker.

It might be worth setting up a listener on a socket so the checker and responder can just be on localhost within the container - setting up a REST API just for this sounds a bit heavy.

I guess all this is why I was asking what people's favorite pattern is for this.

Steve