Re: [mosquitto-dev] Improve bridge

Hi Abilio,

It would be great to see some of those points included. I'm not
entirely sure about point 2, that's a good topic for discussion. We've
talked already about points 1 and 4, I just wanted to comment on
number 3 as well, just to note that bridges do already use the LWT, so
anything done there would have to be clear in the documentation and
not to conflict.

Priority wise, I'd suggest 4, 3, 1, 2. You've already started some
good work on the backoff (4), LWT should be fairly straightforward
(3), reloading would be very nice but I think could be tricky to do
well (1), and changing authentication has the risk of introducing
breaking changes which we don't want quite yet.

Does that sound reasonable? What would you prefer?

Roger