Re: [mosquitto-dev] Bridge connection backoff

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your prompt replies. It motivates me to collaborate with the project.

I have implemented this as a couple of functions: backoff_reset, backoff_step (plus a helper to generate the random between 2 values). I put them inside bridge.c file. Right now the functions update bridge->restart_timeout. They could be called from loop.c, in a similar fashion to where restart_t is set to 0... or they can be static functions, called from within bridge.c itself depending on the err results from different calls, totally hiding that logic from loop.c ... what is your suggestion in this case?

Best,
Abilio M