[mosquitto-dev] Using and modifying mosquitto

Dear all,

      I am new to MQTT and mosquitto broker. I am going to use mosquitto broker with eclipse paho c client, and intend to build them from source, so as i can modify anything then rebuild to test the modification.

For mosquitto, on windows 7, i downloaded the archive " mosquitto-master.zip" from   " Git source code repository (github.com) ", unzipped it, and I was eager to make the dependencies satisfied. Then, in the cmd i changed the directory to the one which will be used for saving build files, and used cmake with the unzipped file as the source directory to build mosquitto. The output of the cmake command was:

C:\mosquitto->cmake c:\mosquitto-master
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/mosquitto-

C:\mosquitto->

 But still "'mosquitto' is not recognized as an internal or external command,   ....." exists, with netstat -an, the port 1883 has no listener.

Please, advice me what i should do else, how can i start the broker and in what form will be its start and usage with the c client, what steps should be done after modifying the source code to make the modifications effective.

Detailed explanation is appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Back to the top