[mosquitto-dev] ACLs 101.

Hello,

Definitely not a "dev" question, but looking for some pointers on
setting up basic ACLs. I've read the man pages, although I'm obviously
missing something.

If I have in the acl_file :

user bob
topic #

With a corresponding user in the password file, I can authenticate as
bob and publish to topics. However, if I have:

user bob
topic write public/network/sensor

That same user cannot publish to said topic and the broker logs that
the publish has been denied. The same being true if I have the above,
but just <topic> <name> (i.e. remove the "write" keyword).

Could there be some simple thing I'm missing? Tried and tested
examples I could use as a starting point?

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back