Re: [mosquitto-dev] Accessing the client id when validating a username / password

Thanks!

Paul

On 23 February 2015 at 11:49, Alexandre Zia <alexandre.zia@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've modified mosquitto to have the clientId passed in the auth callback.

But mosquitto 1.4 has an option that may help:

use_username_as_clientid [ true | false ]
Set use_username_as_clientid to true to replace the clientid that a client connected with with its username. This allows authentication to be tied to the clientid, which means that it is possible to prevent one client disconnecting another by using the same clientid. Defaults to false.
If a client connects with no username it will be disconnected as not authorised when this option is set to true. Do not use in conjunction with clientid_prefixes.
See also use_identity_as_username.
Not reloaded on reload signal.