Re: [messaging-dev] Jakarta Messaging Update

Hi Matt,

You can download the TCK for Jakarta Messaging 3.1 from this page: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/messaging/3.1/

If you're looking for other versions, they're all listed here: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/messaging/

Ivar

Ivar

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 7:29 PM Matt Pavlovich via messaging-dev <messaging-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David-

What is the current situation in terms of getting access to the Jakarta Messaging TCK?

That’d be a good next step to get it running against ActiveMQ.

Thanks,
Matt Pavlovich

> On Jul 11, 2023, at 12:07 PM, Matt Pavlovich <mattrpav@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi David-
>
> Sounds good, I agree ActiveMQ is the best place to start =). I am a committer on ActiveMQ and I personally completed most of the JMS 2.0 work and have started the Jakarta conversion =)
>
> To get you current--
>
> 1. ActiveMQ 5.18.x ships w/ JMS 2.0 API and most features completed
>
> 2. ActiveMQ jakarta conversion is about 80% done. We are targeting the fall for a release
>
> Thanks,
> Matt Pavlovich
>

>> On Jul 11, 2023, at 11:28 AM, David Blevins <david.blevins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> There are definitely no shortage of ideas we could implement.  Both JAXB and JSONB are outlined here:
>>
>> - https://github.com/jakartaee/messaging-proposals
>>
>> The real trick is the work on the implementation; the spec can’t go final unless there is an implementation that can pass all the exist and new tck tests.
>>
>> The implementation I’d want to use for anything I’d work on would be ActiveMQ Classic.  It would likely take a year to get it converted from javax to jakarta, implement all of JMS2.0, and get it passing the existing TCK before we could begin work on new spec features.
>>
>> I suspect we’re in the same boat on that one, so maybe next steps would be to kick off a thread or two in ActiveMQ.
>>

>> -David
>>
>>> On Jul 11, 2023, at 9:01 AM, Matt Pavlovich via messaging-dev <messaging-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello-
>>>
>>> There is interest in kicking off discussions for including an update to Jakarta Messaging.
>>>
>>> Key features to consider:
>>>
>>> 1. INDIVIUAL ACK mode
>>> 2. NO ACK mode