Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Guava dependencies

Hi Camille

I'm not an expert on Guava; just a victim of much pain when Xtext and Acceleo had different opinions about what I wanted, and again when OSGI moved to Java 6.

The comments from itemis were that problems were with experimental and clearly marked API, rather than deprecated API. itemis report that they have eliminated all their experimental usage.

Being unambitious with Guava would seem to be a necessary practice for sound portable code.

Since you use Xtext, you have a tight coupling to whatever itemis choose to do; best to be flexible.

    Regards

        Ed Willink