Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Guava dependencies

Hi Ed,

Well, I don’t really have any better solution. Guava APIs move really fast, which makes it difficult to actually fix the issues (And the sources don’t seem to be included in Orbit). I don’t really feel like exploring new Guava APIs every 6 months to find the replacement for each deprecated method.

Soft dependencies are not a solution either, because it will just not work on Guava >= 11.0.x (The method doesn’t exist anymore).

As we don’t reexport the Guava dependency, and probably don’t expose it too much to the outside, I have the feeling that explicit/restricted dependencies is the best (only?) way to go.

Camille

Camille Letavernier

+33 (0)1 69 08 00 59 - camille.letavernier@xxxxxx

CEA LIST - Laboratoire d'Ingénierie dirigée par les modèles pour les Systèmes Embarqués (LISE)