Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Papyrus Communication

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM, Donald E. Kranz
<Donald.E.Kranz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I joined this mailing list one week ago.   Haven’t seen any activity.   Is
> there a better means of interacting with the papyrus team?

There are few things which might not be obvious to a newcomer
(apologies if you know all this stuff):

1. The Eclipse project is very unusual among open source projects in
that traditionally the mailing lists are reserved uniquely for project
committers.  Everyone else is directed to use the newsgroups/forums.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/?group=eclipse.papyrus

2. The Papyrus developers use public Eclipse mailing lists much less
than other projects.  Since they all work for the CEA or one of its
contractors, I presume they have other private communications channels
available to them.

3. The time after the big annual release tends to be quieter because
everyone's catching their breath and recuperating.

Tom

Back to the top