[mdt-papyrus.dev] MFT Papyrus Support and Complex Models was Re: Papyrus Communication

Did I hear something about "teams working on complex models"? :) That's a good segue to let folks know that we've released 0.9.1 of MFT. That now includes full support for Papyrus!

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Modeling_Bridge#Status

It might not be exactly what Donald had in mind, but we think MFT could be a nice light-weight approach to reducing the complexity of model diagrams. The basic use case is:

1. Developer 1 creates a high-level task.
2. She edits related parts of the model and then attaches the Mylyn Context to the Task.
3. Developer 2 activates task with attached context and sees model focussed on those same related pieces.

Would love to hear feedback from anyone interested in similar real-world use cases.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnbzyrlUzlA

cheers,

Miles

Miles T. Parker
Senior Solutions Architect
Tasktop
http://tasktop.com
Committer, Eclipse Mylyn and Virgo
Project Lead, Model Focussing Tools and AMP
http://milesparker.blogspot.com