[mdt-ocl.dev] Kepler/Luna releases

Hi

The new "releases must be released a month before SR RC1" policy means that we cannot now ship 4.2.0 as a Kepler maintenance release, so we will have to re-activate the maintenance branch.

So

4.1.1 with very few changes as Kepler SR1.
4.2.0 with latest improvements concurrently as a recommended Kepler install.

4.2.1 with very few changes as Kepler SR2.
4.3.0 with latest improvements concurrently as a recommended Kepler install.

4.4.0 for Luna.

I'll review the candidates for 4.1.1 and activate Bugzilla reviews.

Are we agreed that from 4.2.0 we will merge core+tools into a 'single' build? To avoid edits; the 'core'/+1/'pre' build rmap can use the latest of I/S-builds from +2/+3 projects; the 'tools'/+3/'main' build can use S-builds only. If so, I had better have some fun with releng this weekend.

(Only emergency commits on master between +1 and +3). Ah! perhaps it would be better if we built from the 'release' branch, so that fast-forward merging the 'release' branch with 'master' is a releng activity avoiding any accidental contributions from 'master'.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top