Re: [mdt-bpmn2.dev] Some questions

Hello Reiner,

again, welcome! See my responses inline.

2010/6/30 Hille-Doering, Reiner <reiner.hille-doering@xxxxxxx>
Hello BPMN2 friends,
thanks for promoting me to a committer for MDT BPMN2 project.
I will start commiting my code as soon as possible, but I still have some questions:
  1. In “org.eclipse.bpmn2” I see 4 plugins that I would replace with my version: “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn”, “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.edit”, and “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.editor”. Would it be Ok to delete the current content and put in my stuff? Or should I better start with new plugins having new names?
  2. What is the correct naming: “org.eclipse.bpmn” or “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn”? In the checked-in version is seems to be not 100% clear, as classes for “semantic” are checked in in package/path “org.eclipse.bpmn.*” and stuff from DI is in “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.*”. Also the current .genmodel seems to be not really consistent.

I believe you are referring to the content from the CVS repository? We changed to Git some time ago, apparently the project summary page was not updated - sorry for that. Thus, the CVS repo does not contain the current version. You can take a look at the git repository and clone urls at http://git.eclipse.org/c/bpmn2/
The current version uses only org.eclipse.bpmn as package.

3. The BPMN project’s Wiki page mentions package name “org.eclipse.bpmn2”. Is this somehow also relevant?

I hadn't noticed that so far, but I'd prefer bpmn2 as well.
IMO, we could start from scratch as you mentioned under (1) and reintegrate some stuff from the current version, namely the SVG icons and the modified templates (see below).

4. In my contributed version I had so far package name “org.eclipse.bpmn2.ecore.BPMN20”. The  uppercase “BPMN20” is not nice, but it comes from original CMOF package name, and I felt not very confident if I should really change it in the “BPMN20.ecore” file. Does anybody know a way to change the package name in generated files using the .genmodel file only? (Same is of cause also true for DI, DC, BPMNDI,…)
5. Is there a central build available, or ideally also an update side that contains the result of the compiled project?

A build is configured (https://build.eclipse.org/hudson/job/buildr-bpmn2-0.7-nightly/ ), but so far did not finish (apparently a problem with signing, which could be disabled). Antoine should be able to give details about that.

6. The current project contains many JET templates for the EMF code generator. @Antoine: Could you explain for what they are needed? Do we need them also in the new version?

One can override the default EMF code generation by supplying own templates (see templates&merge section in genmodel). At the moment, only edit/ItemProvider.javajet is modified (png instead of gif icon), the rest is unmodified from the original EMF templates (from org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore) and could be deleted (with the exception of FactoryClass.javajet due to bug 317549).

Thanks in advance,
Reiner.

So far my comments, Antoine should be able to give some more information.

Regards,
Henning

Back to the top