[mdt-bpmn2.dev] Some questions

Hello BPMN2 friends,
thanks for promoting me to a committer for MDT BPMN2 project.
I will start commiting my code as soon as possible, but I still have some questions:
  1. In “org.eclipse.bpmn2” I see 4 plugins that I would replace with my version: “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn”, “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.edit”, and “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.editor”. Would it be Ok to delete the current content and put in my stuff? Or should I better start with new plugins having new names?
  2. What is the correct naming: “org.eclipse.bpmn” or “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn”? In the checked-in version is seems to be not 100% clear, as classes for “semantic” are checked in in package/path “org.eclipse.bpmn.*” and stuff from DI is in “org.eclipse.mdt.bpmn.*”. Also the current .genmodel seems to be not really consistent.
  3. The BPMN project’s Wiki page mentions package name “org.eclipse.bpmn2”. Is this somehow also relevant?
  4. In my contributed version I had so far package name “org.eclipse.bpmn2.ecore.BPMN20”. The  uppercase “BPMN20” is not nice, but it comes from original CMOF package name, and I felt not very confident if I should really change it in the “BPMN20.ecore” file. Does anybody know a way to change the package name in generated files using the .genmodel file only? (Same is of cause also true for DI, DC, BPMNDI,…)
  5. Is there a central build available, or ideally also an update side that contains the result of the compiled project?
  6. The current project contains many JET templates for the EMF code generator. @Antoine: Could you explain for what they are needed? Do we need them also in the new version?

Thanks in advance,
Reiner.

Back to the top