Re: [m2e-users] Eclipse EAR - not respecting maven module order

right, this is a limitation recently introduced in WTP.
Either reimport your project in eclipse as a Maven project after removing all .project and .settings/ files
or open .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml and change the jst.ear facet to <installed facet="jst.ear" version="6.0"/>