[m2e-users] Version handling & svn

Hi,
First of all a disclaimer: I am a quite used to eclipse, but a newbie to maven, so please be lenient if I ask stupid (or plain obvious) questions and redirect me to the Right Manual (TM).

I have a non-trivial program composed by three eclipse projects, plus one that's used just for building.

I sat up the projects giving the standard version: 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and this is working, building everything and producing a deployable set of files (jars, runtime and launcher).
So far, so good.

Now I'm approaching delivery and I need to switch from SNAPSHOT to releases.
I tried changing manually the versions (1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> 1.0.1) but that screws completely dependencies.

I would like:
1) to have the version stored only in one place (the master POM).
2) get dependency handling (all modules/projects should have the same version number).
3) have automatic versioning (the last number in the version triplet should be the SVN commit number).

I think all this is possible (I've found references all over the internet, but they were for pain maven, not for maven handled by eclipse), but all my attempts have met failure.

Can someone be so kind to point me in the right direction, pretty please?

Thanks in Advance
Mauro

Back to the top