Re: [m2e-users] custom packaging types as project dependencies

Stepan Vavra wrote:

For instance if I want to use axis soapmonitor:
<dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
     <artifactId>soapmonitor</artifactId>
     <version>1.6.1</version>
     <packaging>mar</packaging>
</dependency>

I don't see it in Maven's classpath container (i.e.
MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER).

Whether a given dependency contributes to the classpath or not is controlled by a component (artifact handler) looked up from the dependency type. For custom dependency types, this component would have to be provided via an extension plugin in your project.

For type=mar, I believe the axis2-mar-maven-plugin is responsible to provide the artifact handler. Looking at its sources, I see <addedToClasspath>false</addedToClasspath>, i.e. type=mar is deliberately excluded from the classpath.

So m2e appears to do the right thing and should match what CLI mvn would do during compilation etc.

Benjamin

Back to the top