Re: [m2e-users] [m2eclipse-user] Resources in target/test-classes are removed

m2e has the logic to process resources and does not need/use JDT for
that. Source-path entries for resources folders are only needed to make
Package Explorer view render them specially and serve no other purpose.
By removing excludes=** you basically make both JDT and Maven builders
process the same resources and this is bound to cause problems.

What you see is likely MNGECLIPSE-823 [1] and custom lifecycle mapping
[2] is the only solution to that problem available at the moment

[1] https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-823
[2] https://docs.sonatype.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2949459

--
Regards,