Re: [m2e-dev] Need some help on bug561554

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 8:58 AM Gayan Perera <gayanper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also if I’m adding any tests i prefer to add where the rest of the tests are.

I can understand that from your perspective. And for sure, some tests (wherever they are) are better than no tests.
But having a separate repo for tests is already annoying (requires multiple commits so it makes contribution/review/build more complex), so if you can avoid growing this anti-pattern, that'd be cool.
The IP issue only occurs if you need to deliver or consume a local filesystem Maven repo with your tests. If you don't have such requirement on 3rd party libraries, then there is no IP issue.
But indeed, if this is more productive for you (which I personally doubt it is, just creating a new org.eclipse.m2e.jdt.tests Maven module isn't much harder than dealing with 2 repos and 2 commits), feel free to submit your test to m2e-core-tests and we'll try to move it to m2e-core later.

Cheers,

Back to the top