Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [lsp4e-dev] How to cleanly terminate a session?

Hi Nick,

There is some documentation as part of the spec as far as shutdown/termination -  https://microsoft.github.io/debug-adapter-protocol/overview "Debug session end" section  - please let me know if that is helpful and if LSP4E.debug is not handling something in that area properly.

> Once you kill it by force, the whole thing usually locks up on subsequent launches.

This sounds like a bug.

> Is there a clean way to close a session?

There should be - but I can't look it up at the moment. However I admit that a lot of the time the terminating of the debug session is overlooked a little, hence bugs in that area.  


Thanks,
Jonah
 
~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders
www.kichwacoders.com


On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 12:56, Nick Battle <nick.battle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Mickael,

Thanks for the suggestions.

To illustrate the point that often problems are not bugs but my own misunderstandings, I've just made a considerable improvement by adding Thread started/exited events to my adapter. Now lsp4e seems a *lot* happier and will evaluate multiple sequential debug executions without locking up or getting confused about which threads are which.

I still can't get the adapter to terminate gracefully, so perhaps I'm missing something *else*... and some valid DAP traces would be very useful. I'll check the examples you suggest. Thanks again.

Cheers,
-nick

_______________________________________________
lsp4e-dev mailing list
lsp4e-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/lsp4e-dev

Back to the top