Re: [leshan-dev] Leshan Roadmap

Thanks, this helps.

We'll issue a PR once we have something that is of general interest.

Elias

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Simon Bernard <contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

a) So we can release a milestone release soon. Is it ok if we release in 1 or 2 week ?
    Waiting I advice you to integrate the master branch in development and report us if there is any trouble.

b) About the 1.0.0 version, we works on this, but we are not able to give you a date. We are more in a "debian release spirit" : the 1.0.0 version will be out when it will be ready.  Milestones release is usable we use it in production. We use milestones because API could change between 2 milestones releases. This is not ideal but I can not see another way.
    About the less frequent release, don't worry Leshan is an active project. There was no milestones release because there was no need until now and also because we was focus on Californium(CoAP stack) too.
    Do not hesitate to manifest your self when you need a milestone release.

c) About roadmap, we currently have no roadmap but :
    Opened issues and mainly opened PR should give you an insight of what will be the near future of Leshan.
    We could see here what are the supported feature [1] and so what is missing.
    Even if this is not set in stone, SMS and Bootstrap Server initiated are probably out of the scope of the 1.0.0 version.
    Object versioning, Server side Queue Mode, RPK+X509 at client side, ACL for bootstrap server seems to be features needed by community.
    Why we have no roadmap ? because we prefer to adapt ourself to users input. So if there are subjects you want to move forward please let us know or even better contribute to the project.

HTH

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/wiki/LWM2M-Supported-features