[kura-dev] Java 9 modules and OSGi compatibility

Hi Dave and Ian,

As you know, Java 9 modules (aka Project Jigsaw) is expected to be released early next year. I believe the JDK in Java SE 9 will be modularized via Java modules. I was curious as to whether this change will be OSGi compatible. Are there any plans in the Kura team to drive compatibility with OSGi, when modules comes on board ? At first glance, Java 9 modules seems to be missing some OSGi features like semantic versioning.. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts on whether this would be a disruptive change to the Kura software architecture, and the impact on forward/backward compatibility of existing Kura bundles.

Thanks,

Kanchana

Back to the top