[jstl-dev] Proposal: merging the Jakarta Tags and Jakarta Pages projects

Hi,

As I'm sure everyone here is aware we have a Jakarta Standard Tag Library (Jakarta Tags) project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/ee4j.jstl

The Jakarta Tags project is closely related to the Jakarta Pages project. I'd like to propose we merge the two projects to increase participation in the Jakarta Tags Project. Basically expanding the scope of the Jakarta Pages project to include Jakarta Tags.

I've been trying to make progress for Jakarta EE 10 (Tags 3.0 release) but I've had a really hard time getting participation on the mailing lists and issues/pr reviews..

For example the current thread I'm seeking feedback on: https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jstl-dev/msg00075.html .

I have a list of issues I'd like to complete for Jakarta EE 10 here: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jstl-api/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AJakartaEE10 There is some precedence for project merging such as when the Managed Beans Project was merged into the Platform project. I look forward to hearing from everyone with their thoughts on merging the projects. Regards, Paul Nicolucci

Back to the top