Re: [jstl-dev] Proposal: merging the Jakarta Tags and Jakarta Pages projects

Hi,

I do see merit in merging. The situation feels a little like Faces and the standard tags like h:outputText etc.

Is any other project using Tags separate from Pages?  Is there any Pages implementation out there which needs to exclude a Tags implementation?

There are sometimes good reasons for a split, eg _expression_ Language shared by Security, Pages and Faces. I’m not sure there’s such a reason for the Pages/Tags split. Isn’t it just historical with Tags being an addon initially?

That said, there’s higher priority admin tasks that need to be done, like creating a separate project for the _expression_ language API, etc

+1 for removing the review requirement. Imho this is only useful for projects such as REST where deleting a whitespace in a javadoc is already controversial.