Re: [jgit-dev] Help with a Packfile corruption error thrown by JGit

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 5:50 PM Sarat Krishnan <sarat.krk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Developers,

We are a team at SAP who deals with Transport of ABAP objects using remote git repositories. We have a java wrapper that uses the JGIT library in order to do the git operations that are exposed by JGIT.  Currently we have an issue where cloning a repository leads to an error “Packfile corruption detected: invalid code lengths set”. I tried to do a little bit research to understand what the issue could be but I couldn’t find much. I had contacted Christian Halstrick regarding this and he had commented that it could be because the processed Packfile is corrupt. It will be really great if i can get more information or pointers on why this would happen and how this can be rectified ? Thanking in advance.

Is this code doing anything with threads/futures/promises? We saw corrupt packfiles as a symptom in https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/c/gerrit/+/335194

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - Google Munich
I work 80%. Don't expect answers from me on Fridays.

Google Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Strasse 33, 80636 Munich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Back to the top