Re: [jgit-dev] Help with a Packfile corruption error thrown by JGit

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 5:50 PM Sarat Krishnan <sarat.krk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Developers,

We are a team at SAP who deals with Transport of ABAP objects using remote git repositories. We have a java wrapper that uses the JGIT library in order to do the git operations that are exposed by JGIT.  Currently we have an issue where cloning a repository leads to an error “Packfile corruption detected: invalid code lengths set”. I tried to do a little bit research to understand what the issue could be but I couldn’t find much. I had contacted Christian Halstrick regarding this and he had commented that it could be because the processed Packfile is corrupt. It will be really great if i can get more information or pointers on why this would happen and how this can be rectified ? Thanking in advance.

Run "git fsck --full" on the server side repository which you cannot clone anymore.
Does it show any errors ?
Or only some dangling objects ?

Which version of JGit and Java do you use ?
Which type of git server do you run ?
On which filesystem ?

-Matthias

Back to the top