Re: [jgit-dev] JGit thread safety

Thanks! I will try out the DirCache API today.

In the meantime, I'd like to add that by design of my system each user's contents resides in a separate FS folder and each add / commit operation operates on only one user folder. If I ensure locking around the folder if many request by one user occur, does this change anything and make my app thread-safe?
If not, I will take up the index approach.

Ultimately I need a repo with a working folder, to make the submitted content available to a static HTTP server. In this case would I need two repos? One to write resources and commit info, and one which only pulls and checks out from the other, and serves the HTTP server?

Thanks in advance. Sorry about this starting to sound like a general programming consultation. I just want to understand what is the sane way to use JGit to manage revisions of a simple FS-based CMS in a multithreaded environment.

Regards, Dimitar