[jgit-dev] JGit thread safety

Dear JGit experts,
I have a question which i thought was too technical for the user forums, hope I am not mistaken.

Are local JGit operations such as commit and add thread-safe? I am building a homegrown content management solution and am using JGit Command API behind the scenes. Requests to JGit can come from multiple (HTTP) threads and I was wondering whether having no programmatic locking around this could result in data corruption / race conditions. Also what is the expected results when there is a simultaneous commit / checkout?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Regards, Dimitar

Back to the top