Re: [jgit-dev] Curious about including the jgit jar in my open source app - but license is throwing me...

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

No, that's fine - really appreciate it...  I'll probably look for another library...

EDL is essentially a version of the BSD 3 clause license, one of the most liberal licenses out there:

As with using any open source, there is always usually a form of attribution required (via a NOTICE file or "About" section usually fulfills these requirements . You should always consult a lawyer that has expertise in these matters if you're doing anything complicated. You can always reach out to legal@xxxxxxxxxxx if you specific issues but there isn't really anything complicated about the EDL IMHO (IANAL)

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org