[jgit-dev] How to Check if A Git Clone Has Been Done Already with JGit

Hi,

While using jgit to access git repositories from java code, I came across this issue. Since cloning to a non-empty directory is not allowed, I need to check if the local repository has been cloned before. If it has been cloned earlier, I perform only a git pull, else I do a clone. Currently I'm checking the root directory of the local repository to find out if a clone has been made or not. My approach is as follows:

if a root folder is existing in the specified location in local file system
     clone has been done
     pull
 else
     clone
 I'm not sure whether this is correct. Any better way to do this with jgit?

--
Thanks and Regards,
Isuru

Back to the top